ONG OGBL, the NGO in charge of the promotion of social protection linked to OGBL, is currently looking for a motivated and autonomous person to join its subsidiary in Dodowa (Ghana) in the scope of a 12 months internship aimed at assisting the manager of the local office in its tasks.
Our office in Dodowa is currently composed of 2 employees and aims at promoting the access to the Ghanean social protection programs (health protection, birth registry registration) to the poorest by organising some registration missions in the remote areas of Ghana, and by supporting the Ghanean government in setting up some training programs for the public servants of the field of social protection.
The tasks of the intern will be:
- Assisting the Dodowa office manager on her tasks based on her requests
- Preparing and joining the registration missions on the field
- Ensuring together with the manager of the Dodowa office that the targets are reached
- Liaising with the Ghanean Ministry and public entities in charge of the social protection
- Pro-actively taking initiatives
- Liaising with the Luxembourg based project coordinators
- Write an interim report of the activities according to the Luxembourg Ministère des Affaires Etrangères standards
Profile of the person we are looking for:
- Fluent in English and French.
- Ideally Master level in the field of International Development and/or Cooperation. Bachelor level or another field of studies can be accepted if the candidate shows the right personality
- Ability to adapt to the basic living standards of Ghana and to stay away from home for a long period of time
- Very autonomous
- Good writing skills
The starting date of the internship will be agreed with the candidate showing the right profile
This internship offers you the opportunity of a full immersion of 12 months in a field project in Ghana, allowing you to learn by your implication in all the aspects of a development aid project.
Please send your CV and application letter by email to Armand Drews firstname.lastname@example.org before September 1st.